Our mission is to educate vibrant, missional Christ-followers who will go out into the world and serve as His ambassadors. To do this effectively, we prioritize Biblical instruction and teaching as well as opportunities to put faith into action. We strongly believe that it is important to give our young disciples opportunities to live out their faith and be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community and world.
Teachers design and implement individual classroom outreach activities that are age appropriate for students; these activities specifically share the Gospel with the recipients. In addition, we also embrace numerous school-wide outreach opportunities as well. Listed below are samples of various outreach projects the students of St. Matthew Lutheran School participated in during the 2014/2015 School Year.
- Letters to Service Men (Alumni who are serving)
- Cards to Shut-Ins of the Congregation
- Boxcar Loading for Lutheran World Relief
- Operation Christmas Child
- Christmas Caroling at Nursing Home
- Numerous Interactions within our International Ministry as Prayer Partners, Holiday Traditions, and Discussion Groups
- Bibles for Children in India